Wednesday 18 June 2008

Google adsense .... humph!

Got to ask, own up, who clicked on an advert in the last couple of days?

I loaded Google adsense as an experiment when I relaunched the blog a couple of months ago. In the first month-ish my Google adsense income totalled $3.75. I found this quite amusing as it would nearly cover a starbucks latte (to which I am addicted) - hence using an american company to pay for my american drink.

I then decided that if the total didn't hit at least $200 a month (only joking - hugely optimistic me, did you know we are also having a long hot summer too?) I would remove the adverts and replace them with a shoutbox.

However, someone has now increased my total to $3.88 - an increase of 13 cents. I'm all of a dither now ... what if I can actually make about 20 cents a month, by christmas I could probably afford a hazlenut syrup to go to with that latte! Quite exciting!

The indecision .... ooo! Actually, I have decided that as I have not managed to figure out how to add a picture advert (to the side column) I will just replace the adverts with a shoutbox. It will be much more useful and I have used them quite happily on other blogs as it is great to be able to post to other blog owners and readers. I'll probably change it this weekend if you want to pop back next week and be the first to post in it to say hi!

Besides ... do google not realise I work in £'s and the exchange rate is horrific?!

3 comments:

Michael said...

I never see the ads on anyone's blog...not even the one's that are "supposedly" on my own...I use Firefox rather than Explorer as my browzer...

Ya never know though, I understand that Tioga George brings in around $1200 a month on his blog from the ad hits...uh...

That's more than what I currently live on a month....hmmmm...

Why can't ya keep "both"??...never know, "You too...might become a Famous Fulltimer"!

Steve said...

I didn't realise you had adverts - I never see them :-)

Leigh said...

Hi Michael and Steve

I never look at the adverts myself :) I keep them to the bottom of the blog so they are out of the way, usually way below the bottom of a post.

I use firefox too, can see the adverts in my blog but have issues in some others.

I have seen Georges income from the adverts ... that would be an unbotainable dream! For starters I would need more than 50 readers a week and shrinking - ha ha.

I would love to become a famous fulltimer, would probably have to move more than a mile a year for that though !!!!

Leigh x