Friday 6 June 2008

Moving day

Today I moved the van.

This may seem like a small task when you say it quickly but as we have been stationary for some time, things have built up and moving becomes a major event! Mr P was at work so I decided to just get on with it. We were only moving from private land to a CL - a matter of a couple of hundred yards but it was a chore.

Personally I have moved

1 vw
1 moped
1 motorbike
2 pushbikes
1 motorhome

This was 6 trips, walking back each time. I could have just put the pushbikes back on the back of the motorhome and driven them up but I figured that the exercise would be good for me. I got soaked moving the motorbike. I just managed to cover it up at it's new location before it bucketed it down with rain. It was dripping off my nose, running down my neck and my hair was plastered to my head but I did manage to provide some amusement for those watching - dry people I salute you!

Today is only about the 3rd time I have ever driven the motorhome. It is not that I can't, it is just that I don't. Mr P automatically drives, as he has been driving longer and I just do not find the need. However, I figure that since we are selling it this year I have a bit of catching up to do. Actually, it is really easy to drive, even being a lhd. It handles really easy and just rolls along on its own.

The big task was actually trying to get the van into move mode. When you have been stationary for some time you tend to build up so much rubbish and unnecessary items that if you move the van the suspension would probably collapse in surrender. That and the fact that flying debris is never good when driving across a grass field that contains ruts.

4 hours of tidying and binning papers, magazines etc and ta-daa, we are probably a couple of kilo's lighter .. ha ha. 30 kilos lighter if you count the tanks.

Also today I received a message from a regular on a motorhome forum I frequent. They were just letting me know that they read my blog and found it quite useful as they were considering fulltiming in the future. I think this is really cool, it is really nice to know that I am not just talking to thin air, my mam and Marie who sits next to me at work! :)

I also think it is a really nice idea to let someone know that you actually read their blog and what you think. With this in mind I am going to start contacting writers of the blogs that I read regularly just to let them know I am here and am reading :)

Please do take a look at Haganap's blog, for sure they seem to be getting around more than we do at present (green with envy despite the weather on their last trip) and we live in the van so visit http://panagah.blogspot.com for their story.

Note to self: must take more pictures. I promise to try harder in the future.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Just to let you know I'm still reading :-)

v.v.busy recently, but popping in when I can.